Why are clinical trials important?
Clinical trials are important because medicine can’t advance without testing these new treatments to see if they work and are safe. They help physicians:
- Find new advances in medicine,
- Develop new ideas or approaches for treatment,
- Identify safe and effective treatments,
- Obtain FDA approval for use of new drugs or devices,
- Personalize medicine by determining which existing treatments are better for specific patients, and
- Determine which treatments are the most cost-effective.